Green Star Rating for J.T. Ross Building
With its impressive position on La Lucia Ridge, the RydallViews building at Rydall Vale Office Park is the first building in the J.T. Ross property portfolio to be awarded a Green Star Rating by the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA).
The building which offers a total gross floor area of 2 828m2 and a commercial office area of 2 647m2 was adjudicated on the following criteria in order to achieve its 4-Star Green Star SA – Office v1 Design Rating:
- The project has reduced its peak energy demand by 37% via the installation of an ice storage chilled water system.
- The electrical system is highly efficient, with motion sensors in the office area. Sub metering of energy and water has been included in the design, and a BMS monitors all usage.
- Hot water is provided by heat pump. Water is reduced through the use of low flow fittings, and a/c condensate is collected for use in the change room toilets.
- 15 litres of fresh air is provided per second per person ensuring that there is little chance of indoor pollutant build up in the usable area.
- All paints, adhesives, sealants and carpets specified in the base building contained low levels of volatile organic compounds.
Currently home to BDO, RydallViews can accommodate another tenant requiring 1 500m2 in office space.